Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Driving Master William

I took William with me to the bank during Mirjam's violin lesson today. His car seat is in the back and faces backwards, so I can't see him when I'm driving. To keep him calm, I made up a song for him about how I like driving with him: "Wenn ich mit dem William fahre, fahr' ich gern, fahr' ich gern...."

On the way back home I noticed that the rustling behind me had diminished as I was singing. I turned around in the middle of the verse to see him staring up at me! He had cocked his head around to the right and tilted it back so that he could look at me from his rear-facing car seat. I felt so proud of him for finding a way to find me in the front seat, I couldn't help laughing, and when I did, so did he. Every time I looked back, he was looking up at me, smiling and listening to me sing to him.

It's fun to travel with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment