Friday, February 18, 2005

There's no stopping them

A few nights ago, William was having a hard time sleeping. I was still up, and I didn't want to wake Mirjam. I was wondering why he wasn't sleeping as well as usual, then it hit me. He had been drooling a lot lately, too. It could only mean one thing: another tooth.

I pulled him out of his crib, and between sobs of grief (his, not mine), I pushed his lip out of the way to see a small slit in his lower gum next to the two teeth that were already there. I triumphantly marched with William to the bathroom, proud of my sleuthing abilities, and gave him a dab of Anbesol, which he quickly sucked off my finger. It takes some doing to actually plant the stuff on the proper gum without his tongue moving in to take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment