Monday, October 31, 2005

The Force is strong with this one

Tonight we had a big Halloween party at our house, with lots of friends and lots of food. Costumes were encouraged, and, of course, we had a family costume theme.

I was Obi-Wan Kenobi (yes, I grew a beard just for the costume) Mirjam was Padme Amidala, and William was Yoda. Mirjam made a light brown robe, and a green hat with Yoda ears for William to wear (he was incredibly adorable, of course). She also made a light cape to go with her white outfit for herself. I sewed my own dark brown Jedi robe, and Mirjam helped with the hood and a couple of strips of fabric that ended up looking like a tunic under my robe.

Next year we'll have to construct a blaster for Mirjam and a light saber for me. We got a couple pictures tonight, but I want to get a some more good ones during the day with more light--maybe this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment