Monday, January 05, 2009

Pullern!

Evie is now completely half-way potty trained. Any time she needs to go Number 1 she suddenly and quickly exclaims "Avoll pullen!" which translated is "Ich will pullern" which loosely translated means "I need to pee."

Whoever is nearest then flies her to the bathroom (or sometimes she just hops or gallops) sets her upon her kiddie-seat throne and she puts her hand to her ear to make sure you're listening, and then lets it go.

When she's done, she hops down the little step we set in front of the toilet, and insists "I do myself!" She pulls up her pants, flushes the toilet, washes her hands, and returns to receive her daily dose of adulation for her great accomplishment. (William on the other hand makes a game of forgetting each step, so I have to remind him -- every time -- to flush and wash when he's done.)

Evie has even made it through naps staying dry. Not long after she wakes, sure enough, she exclaims, "Avoll pullen!" and bounces off again to the bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. don't forget the: "Oh no, I peed my lunch out!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I didn't realize you had your own blog, Jon. I have no idea why. usually I'm pretty good about these things.

    Is your daughter's name Eve? I love that name for a girl.

    My two-year old is just getting to the point where I might (cross my fingers) be able to say she's potty trained. Hallelujah! Such a load off my mind... two things I always worry about are potty training and teaching them how to read. At the beginning it seems like an impossible task. At the end I can't believe I worried so much.

    ReplyDelete