Friday, May 27, 2011

Honey crab

Johanna took a while to start walking on her feet. She's still not quite confident with her balance all the time, but she's learning well. Up until now she's been "walking" on her knees. It's adorable to watch, and she can really move on those little legs!

She seemed to not crawl very much, instead opting for the knees as a sort of halfway point between crawling and walking. I'd try to show her how to crawl by modeling it for her myself, and occasionally she would crawl with me (and she still does crawl sometimes) but mostly it was knees, even though it wasn't quite as fast.

Last week she did something different though. She was up on her feet, then bended over at the waist and touched her hands and head to the ground without bending her knees. I can't remember why she did it that way, but she thought it was funny, so I joined her. Then we started "walking" around like that on our hands and feet, and she thought it was so fun she started laughing. Every time she collapsed to her knees, she got back up again. And so I chased her around on the carpet on hands and feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment