Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trying to have good days

Sometimes I get frustrated and upset.  I don't want to, and I try not to.  But sometimes it happens. 

I love my kids, and I only want the best for them.  I don't want them to feel scared or hurt, especially because of me, and if I've ever caused them to feel scared or hurt, I am truly, deeply sorry.  My job is to protect them, teach them, guide them, train them, and give them what they need to be smart, safe, and spiritually prepared. 

I'm not perfect at any of this.  I make mistakes, sometimes the same ones, sometimes over and over again.  But I try to fix what I break, and sometimes that means I have to fix things over and over again. 

I don't do everything right every day, which is why I'm so grateful to have so many days to try again.  Some days are better than others.  Some days are a step backward, some are a step forward.  

What counts is that I keep trying, and that I don't give up trying. I thank God for his graciously giving me so many days in the past, and I hope to have many more days to come.  I'll probably need every last one of them. 


All I want is peace, calm, love, and fairness in our family.  Sometimes I get upset when any of that is upset.  Sometimes I let it show, sometimes I have better control over myself than that.  I just want my kids to know I love them.  More than anything, I want them to know I love them.  And I want them to love each other, and hopefully, to love me back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment