Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Favorite noises

I think my favorite squeak that William does is this: "nnn-G!" That's with a hard "G" on the end. Mirjam said her favorite is "mmm-MA!"

Tonight when I came home from work, Mirjam said he had been crying for hours, but he wouldn't fall asleep. Sometimes when he cries, his chin tenses up really tightly, his lower lip sticks way out, and he frowns so hard it looks like his cheeks might fall off. It's terribly sad and terribly adorable at the same time.

I guess that qualifies as more of a favorite facial expression than a favorite noise. But there is absolutely nothing more adorable than when he stretches when he's just waking up. His little body slowly contorts this way and that, fists clenched and arms up by his head. It's so cute I could just eat him up. In fact, sometimes when I'm holding him close to my chest, so that his ears are just at my mouth's level, I take a nibble or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment