Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Springtime

Yesterday everything was melting.  It was almost 60 degrees outside.  When I came home after work, the kids were playing in the backyard.  I walked around the yard, picking up trash.  We all sloshed around on the ice rink, which was quickly turning into a pond.  Johanna helped me take down the last of the Easter eggs that had been hanging in the front crabapple tree all winter.  William and I played catch with a baseball and glove, while Evie rode around on her bike, and Johanna went scootering for the first time on Evie's old Razor scooter.  Mirjam threw a couple snowballs at William and me, and then we all went inside for dinner. 

It was a beautiful evening, with the sun setting later and no activities to worry about, and the squishy grass everywhere, no longer covered with snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment